- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 stalks scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Whisk together sugar, rice cooking wine and soy sauce in a small container.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground pork and grated ginger, cook 2-3 minutes or until pork has turned brown (make sure to crumble the meat as it cooks).
- Stir in the seasoning mixture, mix until well combined, allow it to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Toss in sesame oil, roasted sesame seeds and chopped scallion, cook another 30 seconds before removing from heat.
- Place rice in a bowl, spoon some ginger minced pork on top to serve and enjoy!
1 cup uncooked brown rice usually yields 4 cups cooked brown rice, 1 cup uncooked white rice usually yields 3 cups cooked white rice only.
Recipe from Spice the plate. written by Han Tang.