- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 chicken split into any combination of legs, thighs, breasts, wings
- 2 lemons, cut into slices
- Whisk together lemon juice, oregano, garlic, 1/2 tablespoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl and add oil in a slow stream, whisking.
- Discard excess fat from chicken and season with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper.
- Grill chicken on preheated gas/charcoal grill until nearly finished and remove to a plate.
- In a separate pan bring marinade to a simmer and add chicken basting with marinade and finish cooking until it reaches a safe internal temp of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with steamed Broccoli and crusty bread to soak up the sauce.