We Using pasture-raised ground chicken gives you a great low fat alternative when you need your burger craving quenched. This simple recipe brings tons of flavor and can be made in 15 minutes.
- 1lb pasture-raised ground chicken
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro - finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Panko or Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cloves Garlic - crushed or minced
- 2 Green Onions - finely chop whites and greens
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tsp chili paste or crushed red chili
- 1 Tbsp Oil (coconut or grape seed)
- Slider or Burger Buns
- Real Dill Co Habanero Horseradish Dills
- Favorite Hot Sauce
- Mix all ingredients (except oil) thoroughly and form into 6 patties for sliders or 4 patties for burgers. (Ground Chicken has little fat, so the Panko or bread crumbs are crucial as a binder to hold the patties together. Add the Panko crumbs in incrementally as you mix all the ingredients until the consistency is enough to hold the patties together - you may need more or less depending on the moisture and leanness of the ground chicken)
- If cooking in a pan or griddle lightly coat the cooking surface with the oil and cook over medium high heat for 3-4 min per side. You want the juices to run clear when pierced and the patties to feel firm to the touch.
- If cooking on a grill lightly coat each chicken patty with oil on both sides and cook over a hot grill for ~3 min per side. You want the juices to run clear when pierced and the patties to feel firm to the touch.
- Pro-tip - If grilling use more Panko crumbs to get a firmer raw chicken patty, which prevents the patty from sticking between the grates, or use a cast iron griddle on the grill to prevent flame ups and sticking.
- Place burgers on buns, pour on some hot sauce (Blonde Beard Black Magic or Sambel Chili Paste are my favorites) and give your slider a sidekick of Real Dill Co Habanero Horseradish Dills