Great served by themselves or get creative with some spaghetti squash or other Paleo approved squashta. Makes a great entree or appetizer
- 1 Pound Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 Pound Grass-Fed/Pasture Ground Lamb, Ground Pork or Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 Egg (Substitute with 2-3 Tbps of Canned Chickpea liquid)
- 3-4 Tbsp Fresh Italian Herbs chopped (basil, parsley, oregano, garlic chives, etc) or substitute with 2 Tbsp Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tbps Coconut Aminos
- Heat Oven to 425 and line baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil
- Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl with hands until all ingredients are incorporated (Tip: wet hands before mixing to keep from sticking)
- With wet hands or aid of ice cream scoop form golf ball sized meatballs and place on lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked to medium to medium well temperature (cut meatball in half at 15 minute mark, and if slightly pink in center take out of oven, if still red cook another 5 minutes)
Super Simple Tomato Sauce
- 1 28oz can or jar of Tomato Sauce or Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic Diced or Crushed
- 3-4 Tbps Olive Oil
- 1/2 Medium Onion Chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Fresh Italian Herbs chopped (basil, parsley, oregano, chives, etc) or substitute with 2 Tbsp Dried Italian Seasoning
- Tsp Pepper
- Salt to taste (I add salt throughout cooking process until I reach desired seasoning level)
- Heat Olive Oil in large sauce pan
- Add Garlic and Onions and cook until aromatic, be sure not to burn.
- Add Can of Tomato Sauce or Crushed Tomatoes
- Bring to Simmer and add Herbs and Seasoning.
- Allow to simmer while you prep and cook the meatballs.
- Add cooked meatballs to sauce and let simmer for additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve meatballs by themselves as an appetizer or meal, or with your favorite pasta or paleo pasta alternative.
- Ladle extra sauce over meatballs or use a dipping sauce